This Agreement applies to all members of the Guest’s party no matter the age or affiliation. Guest acknowledges that Guest is responsible for sharing the renter agreement, and its requirements, with all members of the Guest’s party and anyone else permitted onto the Rental Property by the Guest.
In consideration of the rent received and the mutual promises contained herein, Owner of the Rental Property does hereby lease and rent to Guest(s) such Rental Property under the following terms and conditions:
- Guest agrees to abide by all rules and regulations contained herein or posted on the premises related to the Rental Property. Guests obligations include but are not limited to keeping the premises as clean and safe as the conditions of the premises permit and causing no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common area and remainder of the premises that Guest uses. Guests agree not to use the premises for any commercial activities or purpose that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation. Guest’s breach of any duty contained in this paragraph shall be considered material and shall result in the termination of guest occupancy with no refund of any kind.
- In no event shall the Rental Property be occupied by more persons than the capacity of the property as stated on the web site or the confirmation letter, without prior approval by Owner. No fraternities, school, civic, or other non-family groups are allowed unless Owner grants prior approval. In no event shall Guests assign or sublet the Rental Property in whole or in part. Violations of these rules are grounds for expedited eviction with no refund of any kind. Guests hereby acknowledge and grant specific permission to Owner to enter premises at any time for inspection purposes should Owner reasonably believe that Guests are causing or have caused any damage to Rental Property. Guest further agrees to grant Owner access to Rental Property for purposes of maintenance and repair.
- In the event Guest wishes to terminate this agreement, the Damage Waiver and any processing or administrative fees are non-refundable. The refund policy is as follows:
The Cancellation Guarantee amount is 7% of your total reservation and enables you to receive either a refund or reschedule (less the 7% guarantee amount and applicable tax). In order to receive a refund, you must cancel the reservation at least 30 days prior to arrival. Once inside the 30 days you may only reschedule the reservation; however, the paid amount (less the cancellation guarantee and applicable tax) will be placed in an interest-bearing escrow account and must be applied to a new reservation which dates fall within one year from date of the original arrival date. Once the one year time frame has expired all monies paid will be forfeited. In addition, please be sure to utilize the entire amount as any portion not used is non-refundable and will be lost.
Unfortunately we can not offer refunds for early departures for any reason including weather and/or road conditions.
- A payment of 50% of the total is taken by Owner at the time of the booking. Any remaining balance must be paid 30 days prior to the arrival date, or this Agreement may be cancelled by the sole option of the Owner. An automatic credit card payment for the remaining balance will be scheduled by the Owner to be made 30 days prior to the arrival date. The credit card of the first payment is used if a credit card was provided. If the automatic payment fails for any reason, it is the responsibility of the Guest to make sure that the remaining balance is promptly paid in full, or the reservation will be canceled with no refund of payments made. All policies contained in this Agreement shall apply equally to payments made by credit card, check or cash and whether made via website, by phone or in person. Any refunds due to Guests from a credit card payment will be refunded by credit card transaction; all other refunds will be made within 30 days by check.
- Regular payments and security deposits for the booking will be displayed as Sanctuary Treehouse Resorts on the Guest’s credit card statement.
- Guests must notify the Owner of any animals on the Rental Property at time of booking. Pets must remain with the guests at all times and are not allowed to stay in the treehouse should you choose to leave the resort. Guest is responsible for the behavior of his/her pet and are required to keep them on a leash at all times and dispose of pet waste in the pet station provided on property. Guest is responsible for any damages caused by said pet. Pet damage is not covered under the “Damage Waiver” fee. Guest is responsible for any costs to replace or repair any damage caused by their pet and the credit card on file will be charged. Excessive barking or aggressive behavior of any pet will not be tolerated on resort property. Any violation of this rule will result in guests to be asked to leave and no refund will be issued.
- Smoking is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN inside of the treehouse. Any guest caught smoking inside a treehouse will be promptly evicted and will be assessed a $250 fine to deodorize and to clean the property. Further, if any signs of smoking are found upon departure, the same fine will be assessed. Any guests that choose to smoke during their stay must do so in designated smoking areas. Marijuana is illegal in Tennessee and is forbidden on resort property. Guests that violate this law will be immediately asked to leave and no refund will be issued.
- Guests must inform the Owner of their intention to bring children and the specific number. A child is defined as any person under the age of 18. Children are not to be left unattended at the treehouses and an adult must be present and responsible for their behavior at all times. Violation of this rule will result in guests being asked to leave the resort.
- The Damage Waiver covers the guest for up to $500 in any accidental damages that may occur during the stay. Any additional charges above that amount will be charged to the guests credit card on file.
- No refunds will be provided due to inoperable appliances, etc. The Owner will make every reasonable effort to assure that such appliances will be and remain in good working order. No refunds will be given due to power blackouts, water shortage, flooding, snow, etc.
- Guest is responsible for all shipping costs for any Lost and Found items that Owner is requested to return to Guest. Items found and not claimed within 30 days will be disposed of at the discretion of Owner. There is a $25 shipping fee to return items left behind by any guest.
- In the event Owner is unable to make Rental Property available for any reason other than described above or a reasonable substitute as determined by Owner, Guest agrees that Owner’s sole liability as a result of this unavailability is to provide a full refund of all monies paid under this Agreement and Guest expressly acknowledges that in no event shall Owner be held liable for any special or consequential damages which result from this unavailability. Guest also agrees to indemnify Owner from and against liability for injury to Guest or any other person occupying Rental Property resulting from any cause whatsoever including, but not limited to, injury sustained as a result of use of the slides, hanging chairs, swings, ladders, trap doors, and bucket pulleys except only such a personal injury caused by the gross negligence or intentional acts of the Owner.
- Owner may terminate this Agreement upon the breach of any of the terms hereof by Guest. Guest shall not be entitled to the return of any rental monies paid under the terms of this Agreement and shall vacate the Property immediately.
- Agreement shall be enforced under the laws of the state of Tennessee, including any applicable rental acts of that state, and represents the entire Agreement. Any amendments must be in writing and signed by both parties. In the event of a dispute, legal action may only be instituted in the county within which the Rental Property is located. If any part of this Agreement shall be deemed unenforceable by law, that part shall be omitted from this Agreement without affecting the remaining Agreement.
- The Rental Property may offer access to recreational and water activities, including but not limited to hiking, biking and carting. Guest fully understands and acknowledges that outdoor recreational and water activities have inherent risks, dangers and hazards. Participation in such activities and/or use of equipment may result in injury or illness including, but not limited to bodily injury, disease, strains, fractures, partial and/or total paralysis, death or other ailments that could cause serious disability. Guest agrees to fully indemnify and hold harmless the Owner and any and all agents, employees, or contractors for any injury or damage caused by these activities, whether caused by the negligence of the Owners, the negligence of the participants, the negligence of others, accidents, breaches of contract, the forces of nature or other causes foreseeable or unforeseeable. Guest hereby assumes all risks and dangers and all responsibility for any losses and/or damages, whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other conduct of the Owners or by any other person. Guest hereby voluntarily agrees to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend and indemnify Owner and any and all agents, employees, or contractors from any and all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise which may arise out of my use of Rental Property facilities, equipment, or activities. Guest further assumes full responsibility for the actions of any and all persons whom he may allow to enter the property during the rental period and indemnifies Owner from any and all claims arising from such other persons.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual agreements and covenants herein contained, Guest has read and agreed to the following:
I understand the rules and rental conditions upon which I am agreeing to rent accommodations, equipment, and use of the property. I acknowledge and accept that the sole responsibility for safety lies with the participant. In agreeing to this, I acknowledge that outdoor activities and exposure to the natural elements and animals can be dangerous and sometimes result in injury and even death. Steps and decks can be slippery, animals and insects can threaten and infect or injure, exposure to the elements can cause hypothermia, sunburn, among other risks inherent in participating in camping, outdoor and water activities. I know that alcohol and/or drugs do not mix safely with any outdoor activity.
I am over the age of 21 and assume responsibility for those in my charge under the age of 21. I hereby assume all legal responsibility for bodily injury to me or to any person on the property as a result of my visit and use, operation or possession of equipment hired or loaned to me. Acknowledging this, I accept complete responsibility for the minor children and myself in my charge and visit the property and equipment and engage in activities or events at my own risk.
I will abide by the rules and accept these rental conditions:
- The property I rent will be returned in the same condition in which it was rented and I will be responsible for all damage and/or loss that occurs during my rental period. This includes failure to care for the rental property and failure to comply with check out rules. STR reserves the right to charge any guest an “excessive cleaning fee” if guests do not comply with check out procedures and leave the rental property in a manner that is considered extraordinary and will require more time from our housecleaning staff before our next guests arrive. This fee to be charged is at the discretion of Sanctuary Treehouse Resort management.
- I agree to hold harmless and to indemnify the Owner of the Rental Property against all loss, damage, expense and penalty on account of personal injury or property damage to the rental dwellers, the undersigned or to any minor child or children in the charge of the undersigned, howsoever rising, whether by act or acts or failure to act of the employees, owners or animals of the said company or property owners or not.
- I acknowledge receipt of the property in good order and condition (if found otherwise per my arrival I will contact Owner immediately) and further agree that the Owner of the Rental Property shall not be liable for consequential damages of any kind or nature from whatever cause arising, whether property or equipment is loaned or rented.
- I enter into agreement freely with the Owner of the Rental Property at my own risk, acknowledging the risks inherent in indoor and outdoor activities and assume any and all responsibility for the minor children and myself in my charge.
- All parties agree to and will comply with Federal, State and County pollution laws and any other applicable laws and regulations.